Online Application Instructions
Point's online application is now closed. Please check back in December 2012 to apply for the next cycle.
- There are neither extensions nor late submissions. No exceptions.
- There will be no feedback given on any application.
- Semifinalists will not receive confirmation of any sort that their supplemental materials have arrived at the office.
- Point Scholarships are awarded on a "last provider" basis. Point fills in the gaps and provides funds not provided by other scholarships, grants, loans, work/study programs, etc. It is the responsibility of those selected as Point Scholars to secure as much outside funding as possible. Point is not intended to be, and cannot be, the sole source of support because there is no guarantee that the financial support will be the same each year, nor will it be provided each year. The scholarship amounts funded by Point each year depends on other financial support that Point Scholars receive from individuals, other foundations or grants, as well as the financial health of Point.
It is important that you read ALL of the information below before proceeding to the online application. The link to begin the online application can be found at the bottom of this page.
The application process is in two steps:
- The online application is the first step towards becoming a Point Scholar.
Please answer essay questions in a separate word document while working on your application. The page refreshes frequently and you could lose changes if you are still working on a short answer or essay question within the box provided on the application. We recommend you simply copy and paste your answers into the application when they are complete.
- If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be required to submit supplemental information. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU COLLECT YOUR SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION NOW. If you are selected as a semifinalist you may have as little as one week to mail the supplemental information before the deadline. All of your supplemental material needs to have your full name and PIN displayed on each page.
- (Specific instructions regarding Semi-Finalist procedures can be found here in our FAQs:http://www.pointfoundation.org/faq_general.html)
- Once you have read these instructions, you will need to create an account for your scholarship application by clicking the Log-In / Sign-Up button. (This will be appear and be activated in December)
Point Scholarship Application sections